Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Love Birds


Good Morning Everyone

First off let me say I am sorry about the picture it really does not show how pretty the glitter on the leaves are but when you live in an area with no sun for months you just have to do your best. Seeing the sun at this time of the year is like winning the lottery about  2 million to 1.

I die cut the tree twice and cut off the leaves and glued them to the brown die cut tree. Then coated them with Sakura 3D lacquer and my favorite Art Glitter.  I used the classic heart (3¼ x 3⅜″)  on the bench and then added the small heart in red glitter card stock.  For the birds I die cut twice and trimmed the white and attached it to each bird. Then added the small tender leaf as a wing which was die cut out of white glitter cardstock.

Materials:
Martha Stewart Cherish Punch
Spellbinders Classic Heart
Poppy Stamps Madison Bench & Nestled Bird
Memory Box Grand Oak Tree & Tender Leaves (bird wings)
Fiskars 1/4" circle hand punch (center of flowers)
Fiskars 3/4" Burst punch
Art Glitter Crystal  Transparent Ultrafine
Sakura 3D Lacquer
Red & white glitter cardstock

14 comments:

  1. Yet another stunning scene, I really like it. I can see the sparkle.
    Know the feeling regards the lack of sunshine.
    Here in the North East of Scotland the winters can be rather gloomy. We do get some nice sunny extremely cold days but they are few and far between. Today has been very "driech" as we would say. Dark, raining, just totally miserable. Never mind, spring is somewhere round the corner..........!!!

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diane, gorgeous card, love your scene. Your dies are beautiful, what a wonderful Valentine's card this will make, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is really cute. :)

    your comment today re: the whistling ducks was perfect timing. i had recently won a gift subscription to birds and blooms from a blogger friend. my first issue arrived yesterday. after receiving your comment, i opened it up and found the whistlers you mentioned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your leaf glitter does show up on my monitor, very sparkling. Love this bench (which I bought because I saw you using it back during the Halloween cards!). Great idea to add the hearts to the bench. Such a nifty pretty card, and you do such amazing things with the MB dies. Can't wait to get some of the newer ones I'm seeing on different blogs. TFS & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card with such a lovely scene. The leaves must have taken ages to make - they look stunning.
    Thank You for your comment on my blog.
    luvirene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your love birds are so adorable Diane, and you have created such a beautiful setting for them to be in! Beautiful blue background, too, btw! Hugs, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prolly said this before, Diane, but your blog name is so perfect for your cards ~ they are all charmingly creative, and this is another one that proves that! What a lovely scene!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thsi is so pretty - it has a real oriental feel to it and I love the touch of sparkle. I know what you mean about the lack of light for taking photos - very frustrating! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Want to tanks you for stopping at my blog. You created a wonderful scene with all these die cuts. Turned out amazing.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your paper pieced cards, but this one is particularly sweet. I love the little birds and the heart...this is the one I'd buy for my hubby!
    Thanks for dropping by my blog :-)
    Hugs, LLJ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really work punchies and dies well. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis