Friday, February 14, 2014

Building a Nest


Good morning everyone,

A big thank you to all my new and existing followers as well as everyone who stops by for a visit.  Another Spring filled card,  After embossing the paper I die cut a round circle for the birdhouse opening and used a slightly larger scalloped circle on top.  For the top of the house I used the Madison House die and some mounting tape and then attached it to the embossed pink background.    I attached the Plush Curtains behind the opening and added the nest, birds and rhinestones.  To the bottom of the card I added some grass behind the fence and tucked in some Fairy Flowers.

PS I recently purchased the Sizzix Susan's Garden Tool Kit after watching several videos on creating flowers.  I really love the kit, that is what I used to create the flowers on the top of the card.  I am only just getting starting on improving my skills, but this kit has lots of potential.

Diane

Materials:
Poppy Stamps Madison House Set, Picket Fence, Plush Curtains, & Climbing Vine
Memory Box Fairy Flower Drops & Gold Finch
Cuttlebug Kassie Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Scallop Circle.
Martha Stewart branch & grass punch
 Pink Rhinestones
Sizzix Susan's Garden Tool Kit

23 comments:

  1. I used to collect birdhouses and none of them were this pretty! Love those little flowers poking through the fence and the ones on top with the kit are wonderful too. So very pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous scene you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Diane, once again another stunning scene card.
    That is just oh! So! sweet, I wish my house could look like that!!
    I have that tool kit use it all the time it is wonderful.
    Have a fantastic weekend
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Diane, What a pretty card, I love the little tulips poking their heads through the picket fence makes my think that Spring won't be too far away :D Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog. This is such a pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore this darling card. The sweet flowers across the top are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, the embossing is so beautiful.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Diane. Lovely little scene very clever and creative use of die cuts and such fab vibrant colours!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love houses and have a die for one too, I love this house. The curtains are a nice touch. You're doing a nice job with your new kit. I like the dimension of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty bird house Diane!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my...scrolling through your blog I'm ready for Spring...Your cards are so charming...such detail with all the tiny little cuts. Too cute. I just joined your blog, can't wait to see more. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute shaped card, love this home you've created for those sweet birds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card! This would fit the challenge at The Crafting Cafe where the theme is Embossing! I hope you can play! Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving some love!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh gosh this is just so super cute great design hugs Cherylxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so pretty! Love how you created the little home for the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous little birdhouse, love the texture and the bold colours, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is a great idea Diane and beautiful use of dies and colours.
    Happy crafting for the week ahead, hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just gorgeous Diane! I love the bright cheerful colours in this card and the one in the previous post. You'll bring spring along in no time at this rate! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the Spring feel!! I really like your flowers on the top and the fence too! The house is wonderful the way you embossed the roof and "house". The birds are the cutest in your great window and the sprig is perfect for them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such an adorable little birdhouse! I love the sparkly pink birds and the little tulips peeking through their picket fence - so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh how pretty is this card....to clever doing a birdhouse with all those lovely details and spring embellishments. Beautiful job Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aaww, how totally sweet this looks... Such a happy little scene, love your cute birdhouse Diane! Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis