Thursday, July 31, 2014

Halloween Wreath


Greetings Fellow Crafters

A big Hello to my newest follower.  Thanks to everyone that stopped by for the recent blog hop and left comments.  I hope you are all well and having a wonderful summer.

Materials:
Poppy Stamps Spider Web Border,  Small Blooming Poinsettias, Curious Cats, Halloween Roof & Porch
Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles LG 2¾″ & 2⅜″
Stickles Orange Glitter Glue (flower centers)

My design today started with die cutting the Spider Web Border die with black card stock.  I then attached it to the top of the card.

To create the wreath I took a 2¾″ & 2⅜″ circle die and  I just placed the smaller one inside the larger and die cut them together using white card stock.  Now you have a nice ring to create the wreath.  Die cut 5 Small Blooming Poinsettias with orange card stock and 7 Curious Cats with black card stock.  I just glued the two larger flower pieces together and the two smaller pieces together.  Save two of the larger flowers to attach to the roof piece.   

Now start attaching them around the ring starting with a cat then a flower until you have the ring covered.  I also tucked a few leaves behind the smaller flowers. 

I am using the Roof die as a hanger for the completed wreath.  Die cut the Halloween Roof & Porch with black card stock and attach the two orange poinsettias at the bottom end of the eves.   Die cut the orange letters (SCARY) from the Scary Background die and glue as shown.  Now attach the wreath to the roof piece I just glued it where two cats sort of lined up with the orange flowers and then attach to your card.

23 comments:

  1. Fabulous card. I don't "do" Hallowe'en, but I enjoy seeing what other people come up with :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just brilliant another fab design love how you've used those poinsettias so gorgeous in orange love and Happy Crafting Hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome wreath hun...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane, this is just the coolest wreath and wonderful instructions on how you brought it together. Really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so hard to decide which little spooky card you've created that is my favorite!! These cats are so cute in the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just so very original Diane, such a fab idea to combine the cats with the poinsettia flowers. Have a lovely weekend, Ira x
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I really like this Diane that wreath looks awesome a super design.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is fantastic Diane, love your wreath, and dies, great design, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Diane! Thanks for your comments on my blog! Today I was thinking of making a circle with my Impression Obsession cutting cats too! What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the web die ! Such a great card x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHHHHH! This is such a fun wreath! LOVE that cat and that web!!! FAB!!!!!!!

    THANK YOU so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love <3 You made my day! HUGS <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Diane,
    Once again you have created a wonderful creation with your Dies.
    I would love a large version of that for my front door for the occasion.
    Happy crafting
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Diane, I love the cats, they are lovely.
    Thanks for stopping by at my blog and for leaving me a comment.
    Hugs Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is just fantasitc, so creative, love how you did the sentiment and the wreath idea is too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. NICE JOB DIANE! :) So much DETAIL! Looks FABULOUS on the white background where you can see EVERY detail! AND Thank you for coming over & visiting! Your support means a lot! :)BLESSINGS!!!!!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun Halloween design, Diane! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow these colours are very striking...love the creation....xx
    ♥aNNie

    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow,great colour combo,great card !

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so fun and that cat is so cute! I love finding different uses for my dies. Thank you for the kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun Diane and not scary at all, so so cute.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis