Friday, December 19, 2014

Christmas Beaded Ornament



Beaded Ornament Supplies
Original idea came from designs by  Susan Teare 
Best of the Holidays to everyone.

This is actually a very relaxing way to past the time, I just pored all the beads into a bowl, then plugged in the glue gun to heat it up. Turned on my favorite television show  and started stringing the beads.  I started with a dressmaker pin, a gold seed bead, a large 8mm cream bead, then either a pink or cream 6 mm bead.  Place a small amount of glue on the end of the pin to hold them in place and stick into Styrofoam ball at the top.  Next I used a gold seed bead, then either a pink or cream 8mm bead and and 6 mm bead.  Don't use more than 3 beads on the dressmaker pin because they will not stay in the Styrofoam. 

Just continue around the ball until completely filled in.  At the top I attached a chenille gold piece with my glue gun so I could hang it up when complete, you could use a nice ribbon also. Once done you can use a dressmaker pin and the smaller beads (five or so on the pin) and fill in any area that show the Styrofoam ball. 

You could use any colors and sizes I am planning on trying different size balls and colors next.

Materials:
Glue Gun
Styrofoam Ball size
Box of Dressmaker Pins  Size 17 - 1 1/16
2 bags - Darice Glass Seed Beads 8/0 Gold
2 -3 bags Darice Asst Cream Pearl beads (36g) 
2 strands Darice Lt Pink Rose beads 4mm 
2 strands Darice Lt Pink Rose beads 8mm
2 strands Darice Ecru beads 6 mm 
2 strands Lt Pink Rose beads 6 mm



17 comments:

  1. This is beautiful and looks like it took a TON of time. I would love to try it but think I would have to do it in stages. I get so impatient!! I could see making a bunch of these to give away for next year. I could start in January, which is what I think I would have to do. Thank you for the tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is amazing ! I don't think mine would look as good as that. If must of taken ages but it is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! looks so much more complicated than how you described. cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Diane,
    Absolutely beautiful, love it.
    Have a wonderful weekend

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. it looks gorgeous but sound very time consuming! :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! This is so beautiful Diane. You make it sound easy to make but it looks like you've been slaving over it for weeks. This will look fabulous on your Christmas tree. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW this is fabulous; what a great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful this is a stunning project just so perfect especially as I adore pearls love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is stunning Diane awesome creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for visiting my blog and your kind comments. I have taken a peek at all your lovely creations. I love how each card is a creative scene....very clever. Love the pearl ball too. Wynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous Diane! What a magnificent Christmas decoration! Looks like you had great fun making this, for it's done to perfection! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness that is absolutely Beautiful, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is stunning! Such an elegant ornament. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just a beautiful handmade ornament. The effect you achieved with just a few simple elements is stunning, and is sure to be a treasured heirloom that you can enjoy each year. TFS & Merry Christmas. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis