Saturday, December 27, 2014

I'm Cuckoo For You Valentine (Vintage Style)


Today's offering is a fun vintage style Valentine design that was pretty easy to create.

Thank you for visiting my blog and a big thanks for those who take the time to leave a comment or join as a follower.  I always try to hop over to those that have blogs to return the favor.

I started by die cutting the Brick House with brown card stock, adding a red roof trim, two maple leaves, a blue bird and the fun heart lock & key.  The clock face is just and image I downloaded off the web. To create the scalloped design under the clock I used the EK Success Real Estate punch.  For the weights I took the Acorn  die and cut the piece in half and then just shaped two acorn designs and added some Viva Decor gold to them.  To create the hearts I used the two smallest pieces from each set and die cut with glitter card stock then layered them.  For the Fancy Tag I ran red card stock through the printer to create the text and then die cut.

Materials
Impressive Obsessive Brick House & Small Leaf Set
Memory Box Gold Finch, Nutty Acorn( discontinued)  & Holiday Bells
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fancy Tags Two
Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Heart & Classic Heart (Use the two smallest from each set)
Viva Decor Gold Paper Pen
Martha Stewart Heart Lock & Key punch
EK Success - Real Estate Punch

Week 6 Paperwhites finally starting to bloom

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous card and the paperwhites are coming along beautifully :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning design love it and the gorgeous colours as well. The bulbs are looking gorgeous how quickly they have grown Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card. I bet the paper whites are starting to smell lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab idea Dianne, your clock is great, the quote spot on! Hope your Christmas was a nice one? Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, I hope you will also enter in the Loves Rubberstamps Challenge, there are lots of prizes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulously put together card and a great set of dies, you are certainly thinking well ahead.
    Hope you had a good Christmas and I wish you a Happy New Yeaar.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, such a wonderful clock xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diane, what a fun fun Valentines card and I love the sentiment, wow your paper whites are lovely and so healthy looking have a marvelous New Year.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who would of thunk? This Valentine Cuckoo Clock is adorable, love it. Beautiful paperweights in the pot, will try that next year myself!
    Annie B.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Diane. Very cute. Your paperwhites will be lovely when they are in full bloom. We had a logistics problem with ours this year...the greenhouse lost most of the glass in high winds and they got mucked around. Never mind.
    Hugs and Happy New Year.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this Valentine card- and the dies for the cuckoo clock are just awesome! Brings me back a few years to my childhood : ) Hope you had a fab Christmas, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous card, the colours are so beautiful! Happy New Year - I hope you had a lovely Christmas :)
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Diane, may I wish you and your family a very Belated Happy New Year. I hope you all had an enjoyable Christmas, been and gone so quick does not even seem like we have had one lol!

    Wonderful creation as always.

    Love & Hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year!! What a beautiful card. I kept looking because that clock looks SO REAL. Really fabulous card!! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cuckoo card is so charming! Creative use of the acorn die!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is gorgeous!! Love the cuckoo clock!!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis