Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Painting Eggs


Thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment I try really hard to return the favor. 

If you join as a follower please let me know I like to give a shout out so others can stop by your blog and say hello. 

I am tickled pink to introduce you to my new friends and followers. 

Lucy of Little Lucy's Handmade Cards,  Natalia of Natalias Craft,  Lainie of Greetings by Lainie,  Anesha of Crafting Queen & Sylvia of Sylvia Hobby Cards.   Welcome, thank you for joining and I look forward to seeing all your lovely creations.

Wow can you believe March is almost here, where does the time go.

I thought it would be fun to create a scene with the Easter Bunny painting eggs.  I die cut the Spellbinder oval in white and yellow card stock.  I then cut the yellow card stock in half and punched it using Drippy Goo (yes the Drippy Goo is not just for Halloween).  Next I coated the yellow piece with the Sakura 3D Crystal lacquer and when dry attached to top of white egg, I thought it looked like running paint.  

To create the ladder (if you have a ladder die use that) I die cut the Grand Chalet Window twice and cut out the inside, then cut the second outside frame in pieces that would fit across the opening.  Voila a ladder was created.

I used the Birthday candles to create the paint brushes and coated the tips with Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer.

To complete the design I added the punched grass and the rest of the die cut flowers, chicks, eggs, basket, bird, clouds and Meridian Border.

Materials:
Martha Stewart Drippy Goo & Grass Punch
Memory Box - Springtime Bunnies, Puffy Clouds, Forest Hummingbirds, Meridian Border (retired), Baby Chicks & Delicate Nest
Spellbinders - Classic Ovals Large (3-3/4: X 2-3/4")
Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer
Viva Decor Copper Pen





32 comments:

  1. Some fabulous dies used here Di, and a lovely layout as always.
    Great card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet scene. I love how he is painting the egg. And the dimensional flowers are so pretty. You did a fabulous job using all these beautiful dies. Happy day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such an imagination when working with dies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute and detailed card :)
    Soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another of your brilliant "scene" cards love it.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another of your lovely scenes Diane :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww so cute I love the bunny painting the egg! And the lil chicks!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dripping paint is just too, too fabulous, Diane! I love this amazing Easter creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so so clever and way too cute, Diane! Love this idea of the bunnies painting their Easter eggs, fabulous creation! Hugs, Ira xox
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Diane you use some of the most wonderful die cuts that i have ever seen and these little scenes you create always amaze me, this is absolutely fabulous and fun, superb make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. what an adorable scene you have created here Diane love the rabbit on the ladders so cute and what a huge egg he is decorating.....you are so creative.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Diane, another lovely scene, I love the bunny painting his egg. All the dies are fabulous and the colours too, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Diane! The paint dripping is stunning effect. So clever using the birthday candles as brushes. You are the wizard with dies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the way it looks like the paint is running down the egg, cute little chicks and baby bunny a lovely put together card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Diane! What a fantastic card design. I love the idea of the rabbit painting eggs. You've used your dies in such fab ways to get the shapes you needed. Inspired crafting :). Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Diane, another bright and beautiful Easter card, your cards really do brighten the day. Love your colour and attention to detail.

    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello!

    Very cute and so creative! I am so looking forward to Spring and your colors are so happy! Wishing you a great day!
    }
    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another beautiful Easter card love the painted egg and little chicks
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, just too clever for words Diane.....your brain just goes to where no man has gone before, I mean it! Dripping blood for paint (amazing), candles (for brushes), window for ladder, etc. Just so clever, all of it! Thanks, you still inspire me. Love.......

    ReplyDelete
  20. Delightful creation and gorgeous colour combo's....Those papers and added goods are so suited. Beautiful creation.xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  21. So much beautiful detail here! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a fun and beautiful scene! I love the gorgeous lace border.
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very cute Eastercard. I love the colours and the dies.I like the bunny painting the egg. There are a lot of lovely details.

    Gr,Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So cute. Love the colors and such a clever idea that the Bunny is painting the egg :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute as can be! love how creative your bunny is! : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Diane! I have enjoyed perusing your blog. When I got to this card, I had to stop! I love your creative use of the Goo die-how perfect this is for painting an Easter egg! What wonderful creativity and darling card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis