Friday, March 20, 2015

Easter Pastel Peeps & Chocolate Bunnies


A warm welcome and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

I am tickled pink to introduce you to my new friends and followers:
Niki of  Pawsitively Creative Crafts, Regina of Die Kreative Ecke & Donna of Crafty Colonel

Today's design started out with the idea of making baskets filled with those yummy sugar coated Pastel Peeps you see everywhere now.  I used glitter card stock in pastel colors to die cut the baby chicks and the small Springtime Bunnies.  I then added the punched grass to the baskets and attached the chicks and bunnies.  For the purple basket I added the punched grass and I coated the brown bunnies with Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer to create a nice shine.  I dotted the eyes using the Viva Decor Black Pen.

For the center basket I looped it over the Garden Trellis then tucked them slightly under the rolling stitched hillside.   I used the Sizzix Accessory Tool Kit inspired by Susan Tienery Cockburn to form the flowers on the trees and dotted the center with Viva Decor Gold.  This is the same kit used every time I make flowers, it comes with two pads, tools and you can watch videos on how to create things using the kit. 

Materials:
Impression Obsession - Tiny Flowers
Memory Box - Baby Chicks, Grand Alder Tree, Woven Basket & Springtime Bunnies
Poppy Stamps - Country Baskets & Garden Trellis
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside Borders
Viva Decor Gold Pen & Black
Martha Stewart - Grass Punch
Sakura 3D Crystal Lacquer
Sizzix Accessory - Tool Kit Inspired by Susan Tierney Cockburn






27 comments:

  1. Hi....this is so colorful with the three Easter Baskets, with the Bunnies and chicks, just a precious card. Anne xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely easterbasket.
    Love the bunnies and the chicks.

    grtz Giny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another of your brilliant "scene cards"
    Just love what you have done on the trees.
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous scene Diane, , everything about it is so pretty, love it . hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane another bright and colourful Easter card. I love all the little flowers on the trees and the bunny's in your baskets.
    Have a great weekend, hugs
    Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane, thank you for your kind comment on my blog, not sure how you found me but thank you for taking the time to comment :) Just love this cute little Easter card, how adorable to have baskets overflowing with bunnies...so cute.
    Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh you have some patience! All those tiny flowers. An adorable card with all the cute bunnies. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Diane. Love this card.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is simply gorgeous & such creative use of these fantastic dies. You always use them to greatest effect to create such charming & colorful scenes. Always love to have a little visit here and see what you've been up to. Love the glittered bunnies too. Look yummy enough to take a little bite. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely, colourful card :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful this is just fabulous today I love those gorgeous baskets but those trees are just amazing all those tiny flowers must have taken you ages. Just the perfect Easter project Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the trees and blossom and fabulous little chocolate and sparkly bunnies
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow,all those tiny wee flowers look fantastic,a great Easter card

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many tiny details, beautifully put together! The trees look so great with all those flowers, and the baskets with chicken and bunnies are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, thank you for your comment on my blog. You make lovely and colorful creations. ☆ sarah ☆

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your scenes are always so very much alive Diane, love your Easter creation with the pretty, colourful baskets! Hugs, Ira
    Ira’s Crea Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my Diane this is beautiful I love the bunnies in a basket but it was those amazing trees that caught my eye, superb make.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, Diane.I love the bunnies and the liitle flowers in the
    tree.

    Hugs,Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Diane thank you for your comment on my blog! This card is beautiful in really sweet colours :) I 've added myself to your followerslist. Hope you visit my blog again sometime.
    Kind regards Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so sweet - I love all the sparkle and shine.
    It must have taken you forever to add al those pretty blooms!
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This beautiful card has just caught my eye. I love the baskets filled with bunnies and chicks xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. All the cute bunnies in the baskets and the fantastic trees with the beautifull flowers

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a cute basket and i Love the trees in the background. Love the colors and the bunnys

    ReplyDelete
  24. soooooo adorable. so many little pretty details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this is so adorable, I love this cute scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis