Monday, April 6, 2015

Bringing Mom Flowers



A warm welcome and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

For some reason my creativity is in a black hole right now. I just need some nice sunny days to revive it.

Today's design reminds me of making paper dolls when I was young.  I first die cut the little girl and boy in flesh colored card stock. Then die cut them again to create the patterned dress and brown and white  boys outfit.  I die cut their heads using brown and yellow card stock and then using scissors created the hair.  I removed the basket from the girl and added the bouquet using Leafy Sprig and a Daisy punch.   

To create the frame I used the Spellbinders Grand Label Twenty-Three (6 1/4" x 5" Pink card stock) (5 1/2" x 4 3/8" White card stock).  To complete the design I added Martha Stewart punched grass, the fence trio and the tucked the kids behind the fence.  To create the words I printed it from my computer and then lined up the cloud and die cut.

Materials:
Impression Obsession - Fence Trio Set, Girl with Easter Basket & Boy with Flowers
Memory Box - Puffy Clouds
Poppy Stamps - Leafy Sprig
Spellbinders Grand Label Twenty-Three
Martha Stewart Grass Punch
E.K. Success Daisy Punch

21 comments:

  1. Good morning Diane,
    Another of your stunning Scene Cards. I am always amazed how you manage to creat these with so many punched items.
    Love, love, love it.
    Have a wonderful day
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful and bright card. I do love you gorgeous cards and your use of dies and punchmachines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Diane, I love how the little girl looks as though she is rushing to try and give her flowers first. Great job. Lainie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another of your lovely scenes Diane :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet I love the colours and the people its just delightful .That fence die is gorgeous love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a funny card Diane!
    Kind regards Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Diane. I especially love your use of the tiny flowers. Thank you for your visit to my blog and your very kind comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Diane love that images and the wonderful colours and design a fantastic card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Diane, you've created a wonderful scene. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous scene and great dies.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Diane.Wonderful scene and bright colours.

    Hugs,Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice card for mothersday, beautiful made.
    greetings Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! I loved paper dolls as a kid as well, and that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this little sweetie's pretty print dress. Loved reading how you changed the basket to the flower bouquet, and that hair do trimming is awesome. The picket fence was such a good way to frame the design, and it's absolutely perfect for Mom's Day. Hope you get some nice sunshine too. It's hard to be creative when it's dreary outside (at least for me!). TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card here and just love the colours and delightful image used...just beautiful.xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH....Lovely scene Diane !!!
    Fabulous work, It's absolutely perfect for Mothersday.
    Have a nice day.
    Big hugs, Mumur.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Diane, a lovely Mother's day card, great colours and love the kids holding the flowers. Just perfect.
    Hope you've had some sunny weather, it's been beautiful here the last few days, I think spring might have sprung!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You always come up with the prettiest of scenes Diane, this one is really great. Love how you positioned your characters, it just all looks so vivid! Hugs, Ira x
    ♥Ira’s Crea Corner♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Diane, it is a lovely and sweet card. The dimension is fantastic! I hope you find lots of sun to burn away the creative black hole! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card and love the cute figures and scen you must have some patience to cut all the little pieces love the fence -I remember cutting and dressing the paper dolls when I was younger.hope you get some sunnier days
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a pretty design amd so clever how it has been put together - love it xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. An absolutely beautiful scene with so much detail - perfect!
    Rebecca.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis