Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Showers on a Spring Day & Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies



A warm welcome and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

I am tickled pink to introduce you to my new friends and followers:
Rosie of Rosie's Kleine bastel welt blog & Jolanda of Jolanda Scrap Bouquet 

I really went out of my comfort zone and used a dab of pink ink and brown to create the hair and cheeks. I used the Matting Basics B to create the pink frame and then added mounting tape to the back.  I tried something with the mounting tape and used my ruler and rotary cutter to trim a long strip that would fit behind the pink card stock. It actually worked really well and made adding the tape a lot faster.

I tucked the grass in first, then added the flowers and little girl and then the fence.  For the tree I formed the tiny pink flowers with my molding pad and stylus and assembled the flowers using the Sizzix Accessory Tool Kit inspired by Susan Tienery Cockburn.  Then dotted the centers using Viva Decor Red.

For the umbrella I die cut twice and then cut the pieces apart and glued then as shone then added raindrops using Viva Decor Glass Effects.  For the little girl I die cut in flesh, pink and yellow card stock.  Then trimmed off the basket and add the pink and then yellow for her outfit.

Material:
Spellbinders - 5 X 7 Matting Basics B (pink frame)
Impression Obsession - Tiny Flowers, Girl with Easter Basket & Fence die
Memory Box - Petite Umbrella
Martha Stewart - Grass punch
Viva Decor Gel Glass Effects (rain drops)
Viva Decor Peridot (flower centers)
Viva Decor Red (tree flower centers)
Sizzix Accessory Tool Kit inspired by Susan Tienery Cockburn.


Martha Stewart Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies (Very Yummy)
Peanut Butter Surprises

Ingredients






  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1 cup roughly chopped, roasted, salted peanuts, plus 48 halves for pressing into tops
  • 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, cut into 1-inch chunks  (used Dove Dark Chocolate mini candies and chopped up)

Directions



  1. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, and set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat until well combined. Add peanut butter, and beat until combined.
  2. Add the flour mixture all at once, and beat on low speed until just combined. Add the peanuts; beat until combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Pinch off about 2 tablespoons of dough, and make a well in your hand with the dough. Place one chunk of chocolate in the center, and enclose with the dough to cover completely. Roll dough into about a 1 3/4-inch ball with your hands.
  4. Place the ball of dough on the baking sheet; repeat with the remaining dough and chocolate, placing cookies about 2 inches apart. Press 2 peanut halves into the top of each cookie.
  5. Bake until cookies are golden, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through. Remove from the oven; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool slightly. 

26 comments:

  1. Super cute card, love the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card- love the tree and the flowers and the great scene! Mmmm the cookies sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the tree with flowers!!!
    Hugsss, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Diane,

    Gorgeous card, love the design and I loved your Mothers Day card too.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, colourful card, and those cookies look delicious :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I love rainy cards this is just adorable!!
    And yummy cookies!!! Wish I could have some :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane another beautiful and colourful card but those cookies really caught my eye. Nomm. My mum used to make something similar when we were children, happy times. I might have to have a go at them.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card and the tree......love it.
    And the cookie yammie.

    Grtz Giny

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute card Diane! Beautiful blossom tree, nice flowers and the girl with the umbrella ... super cute :)
    Kind regards Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous another masterpiece its all so pretty .Thanks for the recipe love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Diane how lovely and definitely Springy....will have to try those peanut butter cookies too, thanks for the recipe.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute card design with all those spring time elements and looks to be some delicious cookies too! I have to bake today as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful spring scene, Diane! My neighbor has a tree like that in his backyard! I love the gorgeous flowers that are popping up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty spring card,Diane. Beautiful tree.Great design and lovely colours.

    Hugs,Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Diane and I absolutely adore your tree with the tiny flowers. Your card truly shouts out spring!
    ♥Ira’s Crea Corner♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another one of your pretty 'paper dolls' with this gorgeously blooming tree. Do like that brilliantly colored umbrella with the raindrops too. That fence is one I'd like to have in our yard! Well done for such a lovely spring card. TFS & Happy wkend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. a very sweet card.....those biscuits look yummy also!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for coming by and making a nice comment on my blog, i just looked over several of your posts and I love the scenes you create with dies. They all tell a special story and show the love you put into them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet card, Diane! Thanks for sharing it, the yummy looking recipe and for helping to identify one of our mystery flowers down by the pond :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I so have a weakness for peanut butter cookies! I can already taste them! Love the sweet girl and how much fun to add those raindrops!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Diane love the die cuts you have used to create this wonderful scene, superb creation.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great card! Thanks for the peanut butter cookie recipe, they might become my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's gorgeous creation, Diane !!!
    I love your scene so perfect.
    Thank you for the recipe.
    Have a nice week.
    Big hugs, Mumur.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a sweet card for spring, Diane! You make the best scenes!! Thank you for the awesome cookie recipe; my tummy is growling now! And thank you for the flattery of using my wordage in your opening paragraph and following my example introducing your new followers (although I say "pickled tink," lol!)! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you must of loved paper dolls, as I did when a young girl! This reminds me of those times.....its a darling card Diane. Cookies sounds good also. Many Hugs,Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis