Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Butterfly Flight & Up-cycled glass birdbath



A warm welcome and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

Another quick card design.  

I have had this piece of rhinestone sticker forever and finally found a way to use it.  The Delaney butterfly was coated with Sakura 3D Crystal lacquer and then I dusted it with red glitter before attaching it to the base.

Materials:
Poppy Stamps - Delaney Butterfly (top)  & Cheviot Butterfly(bottom)
Spellbinders 5 X 7 Matting Basics
Sakura 3D Crystal lacquer
Red Glitter
Rhinestone sticker

I thought this was a fun project, I stopped by a thrift shop and purchased a cut glass candy dish and a green vase.  I cleaned all the glass and thoroughly dried them and then used E-6000 glue and generously applied glue to the bottom of the vase and centered it in the clear glass base and let dry for 24 hours.  Next I glued the top of the green vase to the lid and set aside to dry.  I filled the vase with some flat green marbles from Michael's craft store.  I filled the bottom of the vase with water and I am using it out in the yard for the bees, birds and butterflies.  By using the flat marbles when the bees stop by they do not drown in the water.

Materials:
Thrift Store glass candy dish with lid (my was $4.00)
Thrift Store green glass vase (my was $1.50)
Michael's Flat green marbles ($1.00)
E-6000 glue

17 comments:

  1. This butterfly is great!!!
    Hugsss, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Diane, love your beautiful card very elegant.
    A double WOW, that Bird Bath is ingenious, absolutely brilliant.
    Have a good day
    Hugs. Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful CAS card, and a wonderful bit of upcycling :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that card so elegant its gorgeous .you are so clever what a great make for your garden looks lovely an very expensive!! Love nd hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Diane this is quite simply beautiful the butterfly and those gems are exquisite
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Diane, so pretty. The birdbath is stunning, what a clever idea, love the colours too, this must look amazing in your garden.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful CAS card and wonderful upcycled project - how clever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your card Diane! The swirls are beautiful and the butterfly on top is a beautiful touch :) Love the glass to! You are so kind to bees ;)
    Hugs Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Diane what a gorgeous CAS card I love how you used those gems and that butterfly wow how beautiful, now to your bird bath love it and so darn clever I bet when the sun hits it outside it sparkles.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous butterfly!! Love the gems and CAS style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful butterfly and bling! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Diane, gorgeous card, love the butterfly and it's trails. The birdbathis amazing, such a clever idea, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diane, I love my big birdbath and I love this one, its ideal for the smaller critters, I'm gonna get hoping on this idea, thanks! Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hallo Diane,

    Very pretty CAS card,Diane. Love the pearls and the beautiful butterfly. Sorry I have missed your other card wth the flowers.He is also very beautiful.

    I join jour blog for several months now. May be you will join my blog also,.Then I'll put you in my sidebar. So I can't miss anything :)

    Hugs,Sylvia. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful CAS card love the glittery butterfly and rhinestone flourish-love the glamorous birdbath great idea
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How creative you are, Diane, both with your pretty card and your awesomely chic water bowl for the insects! That is such a sweet idea!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the little bird bath. It is just the kind of thing that would work in my garden so I wll have to check out the charity stores for a glass lidded bowl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis