Saturday, August 15, 2015

Shaped Christmas House

A warm welcome and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

I saw a card like this on pinterest and can not find the original person who created it.

First I would like to say I really have no idea why the gorilla glue and clear rock candy glitter had some kind of chemical reaction and the snow dried puffy.  I purchased the gorilla glue because they say it dries white which is what I wanted.  Oh well.

I first took white card stock and used a sponge to apply the vintage photo ink and stamped all over the sheet.  Then I cut a 2" wide 5" long strip to create the piece the door is sitting on. I die cut the door, used the impression obsession window/door in the center and then glued a piece of paper to the back and glued the window/door in the center.  I die cut three more of the  impression obsession window/doors for a little dimension and attached to the door.  I hand cut the roof shape and cut the Halloween Roof apart, trimmed off the web and attached. On the back I added mounting tape.  

I cut another piece of the stamped paper 4" X 4"  attached added the Madison House roof and the  chimney off to the right.   Next I attached the door piece and after die cutting and gluing several impression obsession window/doors glued them together and added the doily punch for curtains.    I added mounting tape to the back of fir trees.  I attached a plain white card stock shaped like the house to the back so the card does stand upright.  It does not make a big card but it was fun to create.

Materials:
Gorilla Glue
Ranger - Distress Glitter Clear Rock Candy
Poppy Stamps - Halloween Roof & Madison House Set (door, flower box & roof)
Memory Box - Bright Lanterns, Medium Steampunk Pipes (Chimney)
Impression Obsession - Fir Trees
Impression Obsession - Window/Door
Martha Stewart Doily Punch (curtains)
Pine cone sticker (door)
Mounting Tape
Ranger Ink - Distress Vintage Photo

34 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Diane, the puffy snow looks like icing on a cake :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Diane! I'd say it was a happy accident with the glue and glitter as the snow looks wonderful. A lot of die cuts and work make this brilliant card. I especially like the little doily curtains :) Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Diane this is amazing. You've put so much detail into this card and it really looks fantastic. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous Diane and I like the puffy snow looks very natural....you did a beautiful job on this card.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane, thanks for visiting me at A Postcard a Day. I've been having a good time looking through your most recent blogs. The cards are great. But i am really impressed by your glass totems!! Absolutely beautiful Well done!
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous house and love all the Wintry white and the puffy effect looks great- a happy accident lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful house Diane! Love that you made it in white :) I think the snow is pretty ;)
    Hugs Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness me this is amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diane, thanks for popping by. I love your Christmas shaped house. I think the snow looks great, very realistic and I love the cone on the door too.
    Very festive.
    Hope you have a super crafty weekend, hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Diane, thank you your kind comment..
    Love this creative card, your snow looks fantastic, not heard of this glue, brilliant effect!..
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty and makes me wish Christmas was here - and cooler weather too! Beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a wonderful Christmas house! Even though it wasn't intended I love how the snow turned puffy, what a lucky mishap!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this is so cute what a gorgeous Christmas house shaped card Diane, love it so much.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think your little house in the snow is darling, Diane! And the accidental puffiness makes it look cool and 3D!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant Christmas house, gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card and love the puffy snow. Adds great texture. Such a sweet house. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so hot here tonight that your snowy house looks very inviting! Personally I like the puffiness of the snow - a happy accident I would say!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the puffy snow,great card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Diane you have excelled with this one its truly magical a perfect creation love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is just so pretty and I think the reaction between the glues gave it a great dimensional look, you just discovered something :) love the trees and your decorated door

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I really love this! The puffy snow looks fab. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the 'paint' on this cute house. And TFS the gorilla glue tip...who knew? The IO window die looks lovely with all the dimension and this is just a darling house with the snow on the roof. Well done. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous snow covered house! I have that Gorilla glue! Now I have another use for it! Thanks for the inspiration, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this is so adorable Diane.....in the old days we had a way to puff up something with a heat gun and looked like your snow, which looks so fantastic, love the effect. Like all your dimensionals, does add a lot. Love this card. Annie B.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a fabulous card Diane, such a brilliant design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just love this fabulous card, brilliant creation.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card, Diane.Love the house and the very pretty details.

    Hugs,Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Brilliant love the puffy snow xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your Christmas house with the puffy snow on the eaves!

    ReplyDelete
  30. HI Diane,
    I love your Christmas House!
    It really puts me in a festive mood!
    Thank You!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW Diane, absolutely gorgeous, love it to bits, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your snowy house and the puffy snow! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog too.

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your superb card Christmas, Diane !!!
    Great idea.
    Have a nice day my dear.
    Big hugs, Mumur.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis