Sunday, September 27, 2015

Autumn Leaves (Alcohol Ink)

A warm welcome and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower. I want to say I really appreciate all the comments on my last post.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

The weather here in the Pacific Northwest has certainly been wonderful, the leaves are turning beautiful colors and some are starting to fall.  The days are sunny with a few rain showers now and again. 

I am tickled pink to introduce you to my new friends and followers, thank you for stopping by and joining my blog.

Kelly of Sand Castle Stamper, Babs of Little Crafting Place, Ingrid of My Little Bastelwelt  & Gina of Gina's cards

I have been playing around with Alcohol Inks and watching a few tutorials.  I certainly had a fun time seeing what I could do with the inks.

I inked the card stock and used the blending solution over the entire surface of the 4 1/4" X 5 1/2"  glossy paper.  Then die cut the small leaf set twice.   Next I used the VersaMark Watermark Stamp on the wide tree branches and then sprinkled clear embossing powder and used the heat tool to create the shine on the branches.  After I attached the leaves over the branches I dotted the branches with Viva Decor Red to create berries.  To create the frame I just hand cut the orange and white card stock.

Materials:
Tim Holtz® Adirondack® Alcohol Ink Cardstock (4 1/4" X 5 1/2" 20 pack
Ranger Ink Adirondack Alcohol ink - Sunset Orange, Sunshine Yellow & Latte
Ranger Ink Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution
Viva Decor - Perler Pen Red
Impression Obsession Wide Tree & Small Leaf Set
VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
Ranger Ink Embossing Powder Clear
Heat Tool for embossing

32 comments:

  1. Hello Diane, your card is beautiful, love the fab Autumn colours and the dies are gorgeous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the colours of Autumn and your leaves are so beautiful, such a pretty card..
    Babs...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so fabulous,love it and shortly have to make an Autumn card and may base it on this, if that is ok with you.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane.....this is a gorgeous card, love your new technique with inks, well done! The colors are amazing and the branches look wonderful behind the leaves, really makes the leaves stand out. Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning and very eye-catching card. Love the autumnal colours. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful autumn colours, fab design. Gorgeous card x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Those leaves came out so cool with the alcohol ink. Love the embossed branches too. Stunning design, Diane. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous Autumn card. Love the layering of the leaves and lush Autumn colours. Thanks so much for popping by my blog earlier and the lovely comment you left. Hugs from New Zealand, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diane,

    I adore Autumn and this card shows it off beautifully, love it all.

    Love & hugs

    Jacquie J xxx
    http://jewelscardcraft.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card, I love the Autumn colours :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Diane, the colour of your leaves are wonderful and so true to the colour of real autumn leaves. You've made a beautiful card with them! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW what a fabulous make. Really catches the eye. Those colours are amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous autumn swag of branches and berries, of leaves and blossoms! Exquisite design, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colors to your leaves, lovely fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful Autumn card Diane. Alcohol inks are such fun to use aren't they. Your leaves are beautiful colours and your berries really enhance your card beautifully. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab card and the design is amazing. Great colours for the autumn. I love playing with these inks on metal. Great fun! Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning a beautiful Autumn card love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wundervoll, dein Blog !
    So schöne Ideen, ich bin begeistert.
    Herzliche Grüße
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving the Autumn colours and I always admire how you use such tiny pieces to create your cards

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Diane beautiful autumn card! The leaves look so real and the berry's are a nice touch :) Love how you 'framed' the image ;)
    Hugs Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is beautiful Diane, such pretty autumn colours and I love the way you have framed the leaves and branches.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. The leaves has such a warm colours. Beautiful.
    greetings Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  23. A well designed card with gorgeous autumn colors and die cuts, so beautifully assembled. Is it a poinsettia die you've used? Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, this is just so beautiful!! The autumn colours are gorgeous and the framing brings it to life!!
    Thank you for the lovely comments you have been leaving me on my blog.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. A fantastically designs card, love it! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a beautiful card and so right for the season.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh I must try this! I'm not using my alcohol inks lately and I miss them now that I've seen this! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy World Card Making Day. Alcohol Inks really do make some wonderful colors and techniques and you have created a beautiful Fall card. Falling Into Autumn Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Really really beautiful card x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card love the beautiful Autumn leaves and branches-simple but very effective
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis