Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Shadowy Evening Treat or Treaters


A warm welcome and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

I flew down to California over for the weekend and wow it was 99 degrees on Saturday and 104 on Sunday with humidity.  Too hot for me.  When I returned home it was a lovely 66 and raining.  

For today's design I was trying to create a evening shadow effect, I really need to watch a video on how to use inks.  That would of made the background a lot more fun on this card.  I used the In The Meadow Die for the rolling hills and embossing the brown card stock then added some Fall colored leaves. I tucked the Weather Fence behind the hills. Next I die cut the trees and flipped the left one over to create a mirror image, added leaves and bats.  I die cut the Trick or Treaters twice and flipped the left ones over and added mounting tape for some dimension. 
Materials:
Impression Obsession - Trick or Treaters
Memory Box - Grand Oak Tree & Weathered Fence
Spellbinders Wood grained embossing folder
Papertry Ink - In The Meadow Die
Martha Stewart - Fall Leaves Punch Around the Page & bats
Mounting Tape

26 comments:

  1. Oh Diane I really like this....the darkness of it all is really super for Halloween, scary and cute and the same time. Donna's here visiting and we're off to see the Wizard, without our little dog too! Hugs, Annie B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super card Diane, you have created a fabulous scene, the autumn leaves contrast beautifully with the silhouette images.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Diana.love the autunm colours!!

    Hugs Giny

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't really do Halloween in England as much as you do in America so it is nice to see some of the fabulous creations that you make using Halloween product, this is a fabulous scene.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic little scene you've created here. I love it. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some comment love. I hope you'll come back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, this card is stunning!!! The images are adorable and the design is awesome. Love the detail. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, I think it looks wonderful just like it is! Love the look of the shadow on this and those bats hanging upside down are so cute.
    Send some of that nice cool weather down to Texas!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally stunning Diane, the scene is fantastic, brilliant dies, I love it X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW!! This scene is STUNNING!! I love the look of the texture on the brown card stock and the FUN little bats you have hanging from the trees. I think you did an amazing job on the shadows on this. Really, really great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fascinating scene Diane, love the Autumn colours :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very striking card Diane! Wonderful use of all your die cuts to create this fabulous spooky scene. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diane this is so georgius! Wow! Love the autumn colors with the evening shadow effect :) You didn't need ink ;) Jeez that's hot! The sun left us here in Holland :(
    Hugs Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW stunning creation. Love how the leaves highlight the card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card,Diane.Love the Autumn colours and the falling leaves.

    Hugs,Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great card,love all your die cuts!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think you did a wonderful job making an evening feel to this, like your fall scene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant a fabulous design hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love, love, love! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your little Halloween scene and all the trimmings...I am now your latest follower...
    Babs..x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful silhouette die-cuts and love the little Autumn coloured leaves
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow!! This is just fabulous !! Just looking at it makes me feel like I'm reading a fantasy story from my favorite childhood novel. :) ...very creative use of dies .

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for visiting my blog. Our weather has been warm. Dry and Hot and Burning Fires has been California of late. I adore your Halloween card with the sweet trick or treators. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  23. What sweet trick-or-treaters, Diane, out for a magical night! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW- what detail in your card! It's just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Diane I really love this creation as it is those trees, falling leaves, hanging bats and those beautiful fairies look awesome a truly wonderful card.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis