Sunday, October 11, 2015

Fall Scarecrow

A warm welcome and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower. I want to say I really appreciate all the comments on my last post.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

For today's design I started with the face, I die cut in flesh card stock using the 3 1/4" circle and hand drew the mouth.  Then punched the nose with the 1/2" circle in orange card stock. The eyes were three punched 1/2" circles, white, black and brown card stock, glue the white then black and trim the brown in half for the lids.  The hair is a Cumin colored card stock and I ran it through the crimper and then used the Deckle scissors to cut out the pieces.  The rim part of the hat is created using the A2 Bracket Border in brown and orange card stock and then slightly overlay the pieces.  I had to free hand the top part of the hat. I used the Square die for the scarf, trimmed off a little and added the two leaves to the right corner.  To complete the design I made a flower and tucked in a few leaves.  

Materials:
Fiskars - Paper Crimper (hair)
Fiskars Medium Flower punch
EK Success Paper Shaper 1/2" circle punch (eyes & nose)
Fiskars Deckle Scissors  (hair)
Impression Obsession - Small Leaf Set
Spellbinders - Classic Squares Large 3 x 3” (scarf)
Spellbinders - Standard Circle Large 3¼”  (face)
Spellbinders A2 Bracket Borders One ( Hat)
Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Wood Grain (Background)

24 comments:

  1. This is really clever use of scissors, punches and dies! Love how you drew his mouth too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGee-Whiz this is just fascinating and adorable....clever clever you!!
    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really, really cute! I am making a scarecrow to stand outside my house tomorrow...but my own is going to be a GIRL scarecrow...lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scarecrow and card,lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful scarecrow, love the warn Autumn colours :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute scarecrow! Wonderful design Diane with your use of die cuts, punches and freehand work. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Diane what a fab, fun looking scarecrow love the Autumnal colours that you have used.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diane normally I find scarecrows really scary but I love this scarecrow :)
    Hugs Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Diane, what a teriffic imagination you have to be able to see just how you would make designs. Love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun character your scarecrow is. I love the mouth you've drawn on him and the way you did his hair is really clever. A fantastic card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute scarecrow, Diane! I love that hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute scarecrow,Diane.Love it.

    Hugs, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very creative and fun, he is too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the most delightful and imaginative scarecrow I think I've ever seen! It made a wonderfully festive card, and I so enjoyed reading how cleverly you used the dies & punches to create his cute little face. Thanks for all these ideas, thinking out of the box, with supplies! TFS & Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the flower on this little guys hat! So fun and cute!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice scarecrow, i like it.
    greetings Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a super card. Ingenious!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just fab I love this very inventive design love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your scarecrow looks so nice and friendly I don't think any birds will be frightened away.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very clever design Diane using your dies and punches. He is fab.
    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is fabulous, you have created a super scarecrow.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis