Thursday, November 19, 2015

Lighting The Candles

A warm welcome and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower. I want to say I really appreciate all the comments on my last post.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

Another quick and easy design, I am trying to use some of the dies that haven't been used for years.  I die cut both parts of the window and attached them together,  then used the Gothic Window die to cut out the holographic gold paper and attached behind the window.  I added a little mounting tape on the back for dimension. 

I die cut the candles with white and red card stock and added the red pieces back into the frame.  I had to die cut the holly part twice, once in white and then in green card stock and hand cut the green part and then attached to white.  To complete the design I tried to center it on black card stock and added a couple of rhinestones.

Materials:
Memory Box - Glowing Candles
Poppy Stamps - Small Gothic Arch & Small Gothic Window
Gold Rhinestones
Gold Holographic card stock
Mounting Tape

23 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful Diane. What a lovely die and it looks lovely in front of the arched window with the glitter card at the back. A really lovely festive card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Diane! Love the candles in front of the window :)
    Hugs Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diane I love this window scene, the gothic arch is great and a super back drop against the black. The glass in the window just looks like a stain glass window, very clever.
    A great traditional arrangement of candles and holly too.

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has such a warm glowing feel to it and a real beautiful use of dies a gorgeous card..
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning, Diane! It really does capture the essence of a church sanctuary! I have that candle die and it's a favorite of mine. Thank you for the inspiration!Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous holiday design with these wonderfully classic Christmas images, Diane!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card and the black background show off the stunning window. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's like looking through a stained glass window - and gorgeous! Love the holly added at the base of those beautiful candles.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautyful Christmas card Diana.

    Hugs Giny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, love those dies and your design, great colours too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning!! I LOVE the stained glass and the lovely layering of the dies!! Beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Diane, I do love that window die :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Diane, love the dies you've used and your colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Diane what a beautiful card this is, truly wonderfully festive
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning this is fabulous what a wonderful design Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my that is gorgeous, love the holographic for the background, lovely work with the greenery too, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a warm card, nice the candles for the beautiful window.
    greetings Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is pretty, Diane. It makes me think of cards from years ago when my kids were little. Beautiful job! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! I love the melting wax on the candles.
    Happy Monday!
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. OH..OH...Superb card Christmas dear Diane !
    I love the design.
    Have a nice day.
    Big hugs, Mumur.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning Christmas card,Diane.Love the beautiful candles in combination with the window.Pretty colours.

    Hugs,Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card love the candles and window dies -beautiful gold stained glass effect and stands out brilliantly against the black
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis