Monday, December 14, 2015

Glowing Candles

A warm welcome and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower. I want to say I really appreciate all the comments on my last post.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

I die cut the candle outlines in white card stock, then used purple and silver glitter paper to fill in the spaces. Not necessary the colors I wanted but when I purchased the glitter card stock pack it did not included red.  I die cut the Glowing Candles holly using the green glitter card stock and trimmed it a little to fit on the white outline then added some fun purple berries.  Really easy to create with all the glittery goodness you could want.

Materials:
Memory Box - Tall Taper Candle & Glowing Candles
Cuttle Bug - Polka Dot Embossing Folder
Spellbinders Grand Ovals4-1/4" x 5-5/8" (white card stock) & 4-3/4" x 5-7/8 (green card stock)
Scotch Mounting Tape

DCWV 12 X 12 card stock stack Glitzy Glitter  (JoAnn Craft Store) PS if using this glittery paper place a piece of wax paper down on the die first then the card stock will cut through beautifully and not stick to the metal die.

22 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Diane :o)
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane, just so gorgeous, loving the canles and holly dies and the colours are wonderful.
    Have a really magical Christmas and wishing you Health and Happiness in 2016, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Diane,
    You card is very gorgeous, I love this green.
    I wish you happy holiday years.
    Big hugs, Mumur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant card. You are so imaginative and clever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Diane! The glitters are a nice touch :)
    Hugs Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not colours that I would think to put together but wow do they work. I love this card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The candles and the colors look so beautiful!! I love this design with the sparkle! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Diane this is quite simply beautiful I love that central display the flourish makes it look a classy creation
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do love why you have done with these candles. I have the tall one but not the other, will have to see if I can find it one sale somewhere. Brilliant card

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful Diane, lovely colours and a fabulous design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful love the candles and flame flourish
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! oh! Wow! Diane, I just LOVE what you have done on your stunning card.
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this candle for Christmas design & purple & green work well together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Diane~ I am so happy to peek into your blog! Your work is beautiful. The candle scene you've created here is gorgeous. This is so well thought-out and so creative to add the layers of glitter paper and the green and purple as accents!
    Have a nice day~ Karen O

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning this is just fabulous love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diane, I love this card....specially the colors you used together, my favorite. Keep up the good work! Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an elegant card Diane and I love the colours and sparkle..beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. You made a very charming christmascard with unusual colours. But I think it looks very nice!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. These may not have been the colors you had in mind when starting the plan of this design, but OH, it is so beautiful together. I really like the way you've done the presentation in the oval with the embossing too. I've got this die & not used it, because the tiny pieces look intimidating for an inlay effect, which is beautiful. This is one of the most beautiful looks with this particular die, that I've seen yet! Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and TFS. Hugs too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Crisp, clean and beautiful with wonderful color choices.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis