Friday, February 26, 2016

Spring Phlox

Happy Friday and thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower. I want to say I really appreciate all the comments on my last post.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

Making flowers are really hard for me, I just have not gotten the hang of it.  I took the Phlox and Norrland flowers and used the Sizzix Accessory tool to shape them.  Next I used the Copics Vermilion and colored a little on the top of the orange petals.  I applied a little clear Wink of Stella to the petals and a drop of Viva Decor - Peridot light green to the centers.  I embossed the Candy Jar and used it as a vase in the center of the design.  To complete the design I added a little mounting tape to the back of the Floral Frame.

Materials:
Memory Box Norrland Flower, Fabulous Phlox & Candy Jar
Poppy Stamps - Dianna Border
Cuttlebug - Kassie's Brocade Embossing Folder (embossed the Candy Jar vase)
Spellbinders - Classic Ovals Large & Floral Ovals
Clear Wink Of Stella (I coated the orange and flower petals)
Copics - Vermilion R08 (to tint the orange petals
Mounting Tape (behind the Floral Frame)
Sizzix Accessory, Tool Kit inspired by Susan Tierney-Cockburn
Viva Decor - Peridot light green

23 comments:

  1. What a great card,I love the bright flowers on your white background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diane, your flower craft turns out so beautifully. I am following you on GFC and inviting you to follow me too. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your flowers are so pretty and really stand out against your beautiful frame background. Have a fab weekend..
    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW I wish I could make flowers like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look pretty expert at making flowers to me, they are beautiful. Love the warm colours too. Have a great weekend, Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Elegant card Diane! Beautiful flowers ;)
    Hugs Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would say you have done a beautiful job with your flowers, gorgeous framing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your blooms are gorgeous Diane, your card is sooooo pretty, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane I think your flowers look beautiful framed perfectly in the white oval die.
    Have a super weekend, hugs Erika. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. These flowers look really great but I know what you mean, I really struggle too, no matter what shape or form the flowers come in, I just can not do a really good flower display, which is why I hardly ever have any on my cards.
    Fabulous card and love the red and orange.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Diane, Your flowers look lovely on the pretty frame. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty the design is lovely those vibrant flowers just amazing love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have done a fabulous job of the flowers Diane and the colours are gorgeous. I struggle with making them too, but I am determined to stick at it and one day they may be good enough to post.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eye catching! A classy design with lots of white space and colorful flowers so beautifully arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Diane love the gorgeous flowers and Spellbinder frame
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Diane, your flowers are lovely! I understand the frustration with making them look pretty, (I can't do it well!), but you have succeeded marvelously on this effort. I love the colors too, so cheery & welcome after a cold winter. The floral oval mat looks wonderful with the hues of the hot brights and it's just a really pretty bouquet in that embossed jar. Well done!!! TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card . . . . . Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such lovely flowers! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Diane this is so beautiful those flowers are so real looking and the colours so vibrant this is truly wonderful
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful, beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Diane! So absolutely gorgeous! Those flowers are breathtaking and vibrant~ I like the die cut under them as well; very elegant~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis