Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Glitter Flowers


Thank you for coming by to visit my blog and a big thanks to you if you have the time to leave a comment and/or join as a follower. I want to say I really appreciate all the comments on my last post.  Please let me know you stopped by, so I can be sure and return the favor. 

There are lots of tutorials on using glitter, double sided adhesive and copics.  Here is one 
from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

Super fun to do, using the double sided adhesive is a little challenging but just place the peeled off paper over part of the sticky paper when applying the flower stickers.

I cut a piece of the double sided adhesive tape, placed it on card stock the same size and the carefully applied the flower stickers.  Next I covered the entire area with silk micro fine glitter (you really need micro glitter to be able to color) and then colored the stickers using the copics.  It really makes a pretty glittery design when finished.

Materials:
Elizabeth Crafts Flower Stickers
Elizabeth Craft 2 1/2" double sided adhesive tape
Elizabeth Craft Cool Diamond Silk Micro fine glitter
Copics
Die-Namics Stitched Rectangle Scallop Frame

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Diana.

    Hugs Giny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two wonderfully glittery cards Diane! I've never heard of colouring the glitter before, what a fun idea. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful floral cards with wonderful sparkle. Love the frames and layers too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow your glittery flowers are just gorgeous Diane! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Love the sparkle and shine.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are beautiful and they look so pretty with the added sparkle.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards, I love the sparkle - such a great technique.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love these glitter flowers ! They look fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards love the flowers and sparkle and great die-cut frame on the first one
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the glittered look of these flowers!! I have tried this technique and am a total failure at it!! It is so much harder then it looks!! You rocked this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great technique. Love the stunning cards you made using it. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty designs. The glitter adds that special something extra. Love the scalloped frames too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful, I so love this technique and have done it a couple times myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been meaning to try this technique for some time. Glitter makes me itchy is why I put it off, but the results are so stunning as you've shown here. Thanks for reminding me about this technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis