Monday, December 19, 2016

Have a wonderful holiday

Best of the holidays to everyone and I hope you are doing well, and thank you all so much for your visit and wonderful comments on my last card.

We had snow again and the temperatures were so cold that is did not melt, so the roads tend to be icy.  The black bear we have living near the forest is still out and about, he knocked down my trash container and proceeded to stick his head into the container and pull out some chicken scraps.  Made a huge mess, then climbed the tree in the back and knocked my brand new Squirrel Buster Bird Feeder to the ground.  Dragged it over to the grass but thankfully was not able to get it open or damage it. Really what happened to the theory bears hibernate. 

Anyone that stops by knows I love the Lady Dancing die, I can always find so many fun ways to use it.

I added a little mounting tape to the back of the dog and Lady Dancing and also the snow mounds.  I glittered the trees and the fur trim on the dress. I coated the red dress with glossy accents for a little shine.  I always die cut the lady twice so I can use the legs and arms to re-position them as needed.  I also die cut the body with the dress in white card stock then trimmed the pieces off and attached them to the cuffs and skirt.  I tend to use pieces from other dies like the scarf and skates from the snowman die. 

Materials:
White glitter
Glossy Accents 
Memory Box - Lady Dancing & Crisp Bow
Poppy Stamps - Frenchy
Dee's Distinctively - Small Alpine tree
Impression Obsession - Snowman (I used the scarf and skates)
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Hillside Borders 

20 comments:

  1. OMGOODNESS!!! I think that is one of the cutest cards I have ever seen. I can see why that one is a favorite of yours. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card Diane! The trees look amazing and I adore the lady and her dog.
    You take care with the black bear on the loose.
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really charming card Diane. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Diane, beautiful dies and scene.
    My goodness, a black bear so close!!! You be careful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this wonderful card on SCS and wanted more details. The card is awesome, but your bear story is frightening! Keep safe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!! The trees are awesome, as is the scene you have created. The lady dancing is gorgeous. A brilliant card. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the snowy trees and the dancing lady comes into it's own once a gain.
    Wow a bear in your backyard, thank goodness we only get foxes and hedgehogs.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful card Diane! Wow, you really have used your dancing lady in a different way. So clever!
    I've just read that they don't really hibernate but go into torpor which they wake from quickly and easily and will go from their dens to snack in the winter. So your chicken was a quick meal for it. It was lucky it didn't damage your bird feeder, it should be marketed as a bear buster bird feeder :). Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Poor bear must be really hungry :-(

    Beautiful card :-)

    Happy CHRISTmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and so clever. I love how you make these scenes, one talantedlady x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those snow filled trees and your lovely dancing figure and that sweet little pup, such a beautiful scene Diane. A Merry Christmas to You..

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely card! I'm in Oregon and we were hit with the same winter storm. I am very thankful the ice finally melted from the driveway. I hope yours clears up soon. Hopefully, your bear will decide to hibernate soon!

    We are looking forward to a wonderful Christmas with our family. Wishing you a wonderful holiday season, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do have creative ways to use the dancer and I love the snow filled trees and the cute scarf on the dog, so fun!
    Sure hope the bear decides to find a place far away to hibernate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Diane!! This creation is very lovely with your wintry scene!! I love how you've used this dancing lady in a different way here!! Beautifully done! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bummer on that bear damage. A bit frightening as well as annoying too! Love the bright red outfit of the dancing lady the way you've have used the die up against the backdrop of these fab snowy trees. Darling little black dog. Looks very icy! TFS, Merry Christmas, and Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! Your card is fabulous and oh my gosh... bears. Well, at least you know your squirrel buster birdfeeder is also a bear buster one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute card. I love the cards you make with your dancing lady and this one is special to me with the little Frenchie. It looks a lot like my little Frenchie boy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card love the red coat and you create great scenes with your dies
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous card and colors.

    Patty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis