Saturday, January 28, 2017

Pretty In Pink


Greetings everyone.  I hope you are well and finding lots of time to craft.

Sometimes when I start a card nothing goes right, but the stars must of been aligned that day because everything seemed to work for this design. I really went out of my comfort zone to create this design. I started with the white Floral Oval and added the solid pink Classic oval to the center.  

I ordered the Colorfin Pan Pastels from Amazon but I am the worst at coloring anything so I have been dragging my feet using the set.  I first die cut the flowers using a while card stock and then colored the flowers with the Permanent Red Tint & Magenta.  I added a yellow glitter card stock for the center of the flowers. Using the Climbing Vine die in green card stock I used it for the shape of the design, then tucked several Gentle leaves behind the flowers and added the larger Poinsettia leaf.  I attached white flowers to the Leafy Spring and tucked them around the foliage.  To complete the design I die cut the Meridian Border twice and added it to each side.

Materials:
Colorfin Pan Pastels - Ultra Soft Susan Gardens Artist Pastel Set 
Elizabeth Craft Designs - Garden Notes Small Poinsettia
Impression Obsession - Tiny Flowers
Memory Box - Meridian Border (retired)
Poppy Stamps - Blooming Poinsettia (leaf only), Climbing Vine, Gentle Leaf & Leafy Spring
Spellbinders - Floral Ovals & Classic Ovals Large
Sizzix Accessory Tool Kit by Susan Tieney Cockburn

25 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Diane! The pink flowers are so beautifully coloured, you've done a wonderful job there for a first try with the pastels. Great choice of leaves to make up your floral arrangement and the tiny white flowers are so sweet. You've definitely nailed those pastels! Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW WOW WOW Diane this is stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of pink but it is a pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Diane this is so beautiful, that flower display is amazing, stupendous card
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is a very beautiful card Diane. I love the way you've coloured your flowers with the pan pastels. After such great work there should be no stopping you now! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diane, it's absolutely gorgeous, beautifully designed and the colour theme and dies are wonderful, out of comfort zone... well you've sone very well, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you may have stepped out of your comfort zone but you did a really great job on the card! I love it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is a show stopper! Elegant, pretty, loving the colours and those pretty flowers which you've coloured beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Diane, fabulous flowers and such a pretty design.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card Diane! I love the pinks (my favourite colour) and the flowers look amazing!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card with the nice flowers. Great how you create the flowers.
    greetings Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a gorgeous design, Diane. The flowers are perfectly arranged, the design is feminine and love the dimension here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sure wish I could get my stars aligned and create something as gorgeous as this! Stunning!!!!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just wonderful, great colours, gorgeous dies and even better as it went together so well.
    Have a good week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is absolutely gorgeous. All the elements work so well together

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely Lovely, wonderful arrangement!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A breath-taking beauty, Diane! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Dia, I really really love this card. I love all the pink colors, poinsettias in person that are pink color are fabulous. Your flowers look so full and natural. You got a winner here! Hugs, Annie B.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! Diane, this is absolutely AMAZING!!! I just love the dimension on your flowers!! So beautiful!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  20. This certainly is pretty in pink. You have coloured those flowers so well. to think they started out as white card stock. Take a bow. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Diane, your card is stunning. The flowers, colours and design are so beautiful. A wonderful piece of art. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH...Fantastic card, Diane !!!
    I love it !
    Big hugs, Mumur.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card, the flower arrangement is beautiful. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous card -beautiful floral arrangement on the die-cut frame-I have some panpastels but have only used them once -very wary of them lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just gorgeous! I have never used pan pastels, but they are definitely going on my wish list now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by for a visit, and leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one of them, and they are really appreciated. Thank you so much,
Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis